When we think of medical records, we imagine a dusty room full of cabinets with files and papers stacked up to the ceiling! This is because physicians, medical personals and other healthcare administrators have to store medical records of people(including deceased people) for a minimum of 10 years from the last date of the patient’s visit, now that is a lot of data!
With the introduction of the Electronic Medical Record system (EMR), healthcare sectors are now moving towards a paperless form of Medical Record Indexing. Here the paper documents such as medical prescriptions, procedure reports, test results, etc. are scanned into the EMR system. Each scanned document is indexed and attached to either an existing electronic patient record or a new one which can be easily created.
5 reasons why Electronic Medical Record Indexing can help your healthcare business grow:
- Eliminates chances of human error: The chances of error or misplacement of paperwork and documents is much higher than a well-documented online Medical Record Indexing system. This system helps keep a set of records for every patient that may date back many years, hence eliminating any scope or error, or mismanagement when it comes to patient healthcare and information safekeeping.
- Reduces costs of the overall project: The cost of managing physical storage which will require a large number of files, papers, cabinets, and other accessories is humongous as compared with designing customized software that can be used repetitively to enter accurate medical records without any additional physical storage costs.
- Increased data security through regular audits: An audit shows the date, time, and other user details for each activity that takes place within the medical record system. This helps monitor record activity regularly and ensure total security and data compliance. Thus a record can be maintained that proper business practices are being followed.
- Helps maintain healthcare compliance: HIPAA mandates privacy and security of healthcare-related information. A Medical Record Indexing System offers smooth conversion of paper documents into electronic records which can be accessed at will. It is necessary to ensure that your medical record indexing service provider is a HIPAA compliant healthcare BPO provider so as to avoid any legal complications in the future.
- Good patient experience and care: With the tedious job of entering paper documents into electronic form outsourced to a service provider, the administration of the healthcare facility can devote more time in other areas of interest like patient rehabilitation, post-op care, etc. Also, the ‘less search and faster details retrieval’ factor will help save precious time and in turn, increase the patients’ care level and satisfaction too.
We as responsible citizens of the world should look for ways to reduce the use of paper, healthcare sectors can do their part to help save our forests by switching to a paperless form of record keeping. With Trupp Global, you have a 100% HIPAA Compliant workforce that helps streamline the process of healthcare record management in the stipulated time.