What is an Audio Transcription Service?
Before we find out what benefits do an Audio Transcription Service brings to your service, it is important to know what an audio transcription service is. An Audio transcription service is a service where speech is converted into a written or electronic text document.
Before the advent of audio recording, transcription was a tedious task of taking down the conversation or proceedings word by word, either by shorthand or by other personally developed techniques. But these methods had many shortcomings as a word by word transcription was rarely possible, or had to be done taking pauses or repetition during a conversation which was hampering the proceedings.
Thanks to the invention of audio capturing devices like the cassette recorder in the late 80s, the task of taking transcription reduced to nil and thus gave rise to Audio Transcription jobs.
Five Reasons to use Audio Transcription service in your Business:
- Knowledge Transfer: During a business meeting, or a court proceeding, it is necessary to record the Minutes of Meeting (MoM) accurately, people tend to record these meetings on their phone or other audio recording devices in order to maintain a record, these audio recordings may be confusing to a third person listening to it without any prior intimation of the participants. With audio transcription, the audio files are converted to text with relevant context such that an external party can understand it without difficulty.
- Easy to Handle: When an audio file is converted into a more compatible format, the file becomes much more easy to handle or exchange rather than the original audio file, which may face difficulties like compatibility, storage, and data transfer.
- Better Storage Options: With Audio Transcription, an audio file can be converted into a file format such as Word or even PDF, thus making storage very easy and accessible.
- Written Proof vs. Verbal Proof: In today’s World, it is necessary to maintain a written account of any decisions made in your business and otherwise. This can save you time and avoid getting into unnecessary lawsuits and legal complications.
- Better Accessibility with Search Engines: Audio files are usually not machine ready, many times search engines cannot access the content of audio files on a website and thus cannot properly index these materials. With audio transcriptions alongside the original audio file, more traffic to the site can be produced, thus boosting your site.
Where are these transcription services used?
Audio Transcriptions can be used in various sectors where it is necessary to document the proceedings like:
- Educational transcriptions
- Journalism transcriptions
- Court transcriptions
- Business transcriptions
- Healthcare transcriptions
Conclusion: Audio transcription is gaining popularity in various sectors of operation with more and more industries vouching for documentation and safe storage. At Trupp Global, we cater to the clients with our tailor-made transcription services as per the project specifications. For more information on our services contact us now.